St. Matthew's Episcopal Church
1515 Mifflin Ave.
God loves you ... No exceptions
- 10 a.m. Rite II
Where Are We?
- St. Matthew's is located on Mifflin Avenue in Ashland between Claremont Avenue and Rt. 42, less than a mile west of Ashland University.
- Look for the brown A-frame next to the daycare center.
Through the Week:
- Evening Prayer 5:00 p.m. Thursdays at the church
- Bible Study 10:30 a.m. Thursdays at the church
(Both Evening Prayer and Bible Study are taking a vacation for the summer. They will resume in the Fall.)
Who Are We?
St. Matthew's is a
- Welcoming church. The smiles are genuine and the handshakes are warm. Old and young, male and female, gay and straight, single, married, divorced, and widowed, white and black, CEO and unemployed, rich and poor are all welcome.
- Bible-centered church. As a liturgical church, our Sunday worship service includes a lot of Bible reading and teaching. Our weekly Bible study group provides another chance to apply the words of the Bible to our lives.
- Long-standing church. Our roots are deep in the Episcopal Church and Anglican Church tradition. Though our foundations are ancient, we are not captive to our past. We celebrate the daily life and presence of Jesus Christ among us.
- Caring church. The needs of Ashland Ohio, Mansfield Ohio, and the world are important to us. We frequently find ways to help meet the material needs of our neighbors.